1) How to use a CPR pocket mask for rescue breaths when patient is unresponsive - (30 compressions, 2 rescue breathes, repeat until patient wakes up, or is breathing regularly on their own, or until help arrives):
2) Zoll AED Demonstration 1
3) Zoll AED Demonstration 2
4) Using Zoll Pediatric Pads for children < 8 years and < 55 pounds (25 kg). Never use pediatric pads on an adult. you may use adult pads on a child if pediatric pads are not available.
5) For Massive Bleeding -- Opening and using compressed gauze
6) If wound is deep - you will need to pack it into the wound, aim for the source of the bleeding, and pack to the bone if possible - constantly holding pressure - until no more gauze will fit. then compress and wrap. Continue to hold pressure if possible until help arrives. Caution: Understand this is a mannequin and the blood is not real.
7) More Wound Packing -
8) Heavy, spurting, non-stop bleeding on limbs, use tourniquet - Application demonstration:
9) Any Penetrating chest/torso wound can lead to a tension pneumothorax, and why a chest seal is so important.
10) Chest/torso penetrating wound - how to apply a chest seal
11) How to use petrolatum gauze and tape as a chest seal for chest/torso wounds.
12) If victim is breathing and conscious, let them sit or lie down, whichever makes them feel better. If a victim is unconscious, place them in the recovery Position to keep airway clear while waiting for help to arrive - cover with blanket to aid against shock
13) The Oleas Modular Bandage - Basic Instructions
14) The Olaes Modular Bandage: Applying the occlusive layer to treat a chest injury:
15) All About the LIFEVAC de-choking device when traditional protocol fails
If you need futher information about how to use our products, do not hesitate to contact our office at 888-223-1783, and we'll try to help. While we encourage bystanders to step in when possible, and there is no time to wait for help, we highly recommend taking a course to be fully trained in CPR and bleeding control. You got this!