Russell Vented Chest Seal - SALE
Sale - Expiration Date 02/2022
The single Russell Chest Seal arrives on the market with the test data and real-world feedback to back up its performance claims. The hydrogel-based dressing creates an airtight seal even when placed on a sweaty or hairy patient, and patient comfort is greatly increased due to the soft backing on the hydrogel seal.
Another component that makes the Russell Chest Seal unique is its valve mechanism. It is constructed from a thin but tough material which makes it very compliant. This allows it to open and close with very small changes in pressure (2O). The valve is large and nearly transparent so the dressing can be positioned accurately over the wound. Four peripheral apertures are large enough (36Fr) to allow blood to escape if necessary without blocking the valve. The four apertures provide substantial redundancy: if up to three of the four holes become obstructed, the valve will still remain fully operational.
The Russell Chest Seal has a unique low profile and flexibility. It is supplied in a pre-folded form to make it easy to stow into medical packs. In low light conditions, the valve can be 'felt' to be working, making it ideal for military operations.
At 7 ¾" x 6", the Russell Chest Seal is one of the largest chest seals currently available.
- Fast, easy, and intuitive to apply
- Patented hydrogel base - sticks and stays stuck!
- 4 large peripheral apertures allow drainage of air and blood
- Large central hole in base material allows quick accurate placement with reduced risk of obstructing the wound opening
- Low profile and highly flexible
- Compact: easy to pack into medical kit