The OLAES® Hemostatic Bandage COMBINES
the globally recognized OLAES® Modular Bandage
with battle tested HemCon® ChitoGauze® PRO
to create the most comprehensive trauma bandage ever made. Both proven life-saving devices are now together in a single, easily accessible package to increase any level of pre-hospital care provider’s treatment capabilities while reducing application times and saving space in your kit.
One of few CoTCCC recommended hemostatic dressings, ChitoGauze® PRO features chitosan as the hemostatic agent, is X-Ray detectable, and is located inside the bandage’s wound pad for rapid access at the point of injury.
The convenience of having both products in a single kit item allows you to have more time to focus on treating your patient rather than locating and opening multiple packages. Its flat packed version easily fits into most standard IFAKs, giving you options to best fit your trauma kit space requirements.
It was designed with direct input from some of the most experienced combat medics in the world, first responders here at home, and our end-users so no details are left out, making the OLAES® Hemostatic Bandage the best multi-functional piece of gear inside your kit.
PARTS OF THE BANDAGE:
1) Hemostatic Gauze
2) True Pressure Cup
- Stocked with 3”x12’ of ChitoGauze® PRO hemostatic gauze, ideal for a variety of applications and wound surfaces.
3) Wound Pad
- Generates focused pressure on the wound site to assist occluding damaged vessels. It can also serve as a rigid eye shield for ocular injuries per CoTCCC guidelines.
4) Velcro® Control Strips
- Covers the injury site to assist with sustained bleeding control and keep the wound clear of debris. Its non-adherent compartment keeps gauze tucked neatly inside for rapid access during application.
5) Elastic Wrap
- Built-in Velcro® Control Strips stationed along the bandage's elastic wrap prevent accidental unrolling during application.
6) Securing Clip
- Secures the gauze and wound pad to the injury site and assists in maintaining consistently applied pressure.
7) Easy-Tear Points
- Locks the bandage into place to free up the user’s hands to treat other injuries or casualties.
- Intuitive, rapid access to the sterile bandage is achieved through multiple tear points indicated by red arrows at each package corner.
- Made in the USA
- FDA Registered
- CoTCCC Recommended Hemostatic Dressing
- X-Ray Detectable Gauze
- 5.5 Year Shelf Life
- US Patents: 7,652,190 & 8,163,973 B2
- Dimensions (Folded, Packaged): 5.5”L x 2”W x 1.75”D / Weight: 3.7oz / 105g
Ensure you’re fully prepared for treating uncontrolled bleeding by adding the new SOF® Tourniquet
to your kit! You can also find the original OLAES® Modular Bandage without hemostatic gauze ($8.00-$9.00) here